ProfitGauges was designed to be easy to use so you can spend more time on the road and less time worried about paperwork. Creating recurring expenses is one way to get your bookkeeping done efficiently.
There are two types of recurring expenses. The first are expenses that you have each month that are the same amount every month. For example, most insurance premiums are the same amount every month. The second are expenses that you have every month but the amounts vary. For example, you have fuel costs every month but the total isn't the same.
Setting up Recurring Charges When the Amount is the Same Every Month:
- Select the subcategory you want to have the recurring transaction linked to.
- Enter the amount of the expense.
- Hover over the subcategory name or amount, you'll notice the recurring icon (two arrows) appear to the right of the value box.
- Click on the recurring icon it to begin the recurring process.
- Once you click the icon, the arrows will now be next to the subcategory name.
- This transaction will now show up be default on ALL new settlements / months.
- To turn off this recurring you can simply hover over the recurring icon and click on the STOP icon.
Setting up Recurring Charges When the Amount is the Different Every Month:
- After selecting the subcategory, click on the recurring icon next to the value box.
- The recurring icon will now appear in subcategory name box.
- Now that subcategory will show up pre-selected and ready to have a value entered each time you open a new expense month.
- To turn off this recurring you can simply hover over the recurring icons and click on the STOP icon.
You can following these same instructions to create recurring expenses for settlement expenses as well. Please note: Recurring expenses can only be set up on a NEW month or settlement entry. If the expense month or settlement has been previously saved and reopened, the program will not allow you to create a recurring expense.